[Peace] in the mood

Lisa Chason jnp at ux6.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 3 14:08:10 CDT 2002

To get into the mood of one of the themes our float will display tomorrow I
want to share this quote I came across today:

  "Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the
citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged
sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind.
  And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils
with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing
the rights of the citizenry.
  Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will
offer up all of their rights unto their leader and gladly so. How do I know?
For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar."         ----Julius Caesar

Onward!