[Peace] Commentary on 9-11

Robert Mendoza roberto_raynaldo at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 3 18:23:47 CDT 2002

I do not have a copy of the Another World is Possible video. We have to come
up with $30 to rent it. This can be talked about at the next AWARE meeting.

Also...
Check out this excerpt from an excellent and distrubing commentary on the
U.S. empire and the events of September 11.
Roberto Mendoza

>>Stanko Cerovic (Montenegro)

1. Why Do We Hate Ourselves?

Somewhere a rift appeared when on September 11th, 2001, the towers of the
World Trade Center collapsed. A terrible rift, judging by the global shock
to which it gave rise in every country of the world and across all social
strata. But it was a strange fissure, too, impossible to place. Where was
it? At the center of the global empire? At the heart of modern history? In
the foundation of human consciousness or even its unconsciousness? Was it
undermining the religion of the elites or that of the masses? Eradicating
the eternity of the market or the eternity of entertainment? Indescribable
and indefinable but, for a few days at least, undeniable and more real than
the world that surrounds us, calling our personal perception of the world
into question.