[Peace] reimbursements, $$, general finances

raiafink raiafink at students.uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 5 19:58:29 CDT 2002

Greetings AWARE Spenders,

You may or may not know that I've been out of comission for the past month and
a half with severe vertigo and inner ear disturbances.  In fact, I haven't
even been in town for the past three weeks. (I'm staying with my parents in
Evanston) I'm disappointed that I've had to miss all the serious AWARE action
this summer, and the 4th of July events which sounded impressive and fun.
AWARE is still important to me and I will be returning as soon as I'm well and
able to walk without falling down or bumping into walls. Hopefully that will
be in the next two weeks, but nobody knows for sure. Meanwhile, I'm still
handling the finances. Here's how:

Reimbursements:
I've left a good deal of AWARE's cash with Kord Russell if you need immediate
reimbursement. Call 344-7822 and leave a clear message including your phone
number and the vague impression that you need a reimbursement from AWARE.
I'll need the reciepts, so make sure you give them to Kord or save them for
me.

I can also send a check from here if you'd prefer. You can call e-mail me the
specifics or I can give you my phone number here.

I do plan on getting better eventually so if you think it can wait, we can
take care of it when I get back to Urbana.

General Finances:
When I return to Urbana I'd like to give a brief report on AWARE's finances
(What we currently have, where money has come from, where money has gone,
space rental, and future projects).

In and of itself, this shouldn't take too long. If people want to discuss
other financial matters (like purchasing videos and books, sponsoring other
groups or projects, and fundraising endeavors) we should plan to schedule a
decent segment of time to do so during a meeting.

Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure when I'll be returning to Urbana, so I
can't offer any specific dates right now. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

peace,
Raia