[Peace] Hunger For Justice?

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 16 22:30:48 CDT 2002

As we prepare for our meeting this Sunday- an important meeting where we
will be planning our 9/11 anniversary activities- I thought this quote was
appropriate:

"The entire object of true education is to make people not merely do the
right things, but enjoy them; not merely be industrious, but love industry;
not merely learn, but love knowledge; not merely be pure, but love purity;
not merely be just, but hunger and thirst after justice."
--John Ruskin

Please, if you can only attend one AWARE meeting this summer - make it this
one.  We need to have as much support for the 9/11 plan as possible.  Let's
all be there so we can reach those who hunger and thirst after justice.

Vicki Ansermet, Ricky Baldwin, Robert Dunn, Carol Inskeep, Al Kagan and I
met for a couple of hours to try to formulate a plan based on the
brainstorming that we did at the last two meetings. It is time to pick a
direction and put the plans into action.  We will be meeting at 5pm with a
15 minute cultural experience, 10 minutes of news, 1/2 hour of 9/11
direction decision, and 45 minutes of working groups.  We need new voices as
well as the strong voices that have been part of AWARE over the last year.

Please come.
Sandra Ahten