[Peace] [Imc-info] 170th Anniversary Anti-Massacre March - AUGUST 2 (fwd)

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Jul 31 09:32:01 CDT 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:40:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: Steven Kanner <sekanner at yahoo.com>
To: general-admin at lists.indymedia.org
Cc: Indy Media Center - Chicago <alloy_alloy at hotmail.com>,
     Indy Media Center - Madison <general at indymedia.org>,
     Indy Media Center - Urbana - Champaign <info at urbana.indymedia.org>
Subject: [Imc-info] 170th Anniversary Anti-Massacre March - AUGUST 2

7/30/02

Please distribute the attachment on this e-mail.  Iowans for Peace would like to invite individuals concerned with U.S. imperialism to come to Genoa, Wisconsin (15 miles south of Lacrosse [I-90] on August 2, 2002 at 10:30 AM.  We'll be marching 9 miles south to the Historic Marker on Rt. 35 that notes the site - Bad Axe Creek where 350 of Black Hawks Sac & Fox clansfolk were massacred by the U.S. Military.

We'll shout to the world that we wish to stop the current military aid to the terrorist government of Colombia that is using the Blackhawk Helicopter to kill and harass poor people and those working for basic human and labor rights.

Those participating are asked to adhere to a non-violence code that includes no weapons, drugs or alcohol.