[Peace] CF:CIMIC Seminar:Aug2:Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort--Al Kagan & Sandra Ahten

Irfan Ahmad irfansahmad at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 31 16:49:25 CDT 2002

"In The Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful"

CIMIC WEEKLY SEMINAR

THE ANTI-WAR ANTI-RACISM EFFORT (AWARE)
Alfred Kagan and Sandra Ahten

Discussion Follows

8:30-10:00 PM @ CIMIC
Friday, Aug. 2, InshaAllah

ALL INVITED

Refreshments Served
Babysitting provided

Central Illinois Masjid and Islamic Center (CIMIC)
106 S. Lincoln Ave, Urbana,
(Parking entrance through Busey St.)
Ph. (217) 344-1555     email: cimic at prairienet.org

For CIMIC Weekly Seminar Schedule 2001-02
http://cimic.prairienet.org/seminars.html
For comments or suggestions please write to:
CIMIC Weekly & Special Seminars Subcommittee: WSC:
cimic at prairienet.org

[AWARE is an alliance of groups and individuals
working to oppose war and present alternatives. AWARE
meets every Sunday 5-7pm (new time!) at the Urbana
Independent Media Center, 218 W. Main St., Urbana,
Illinois.

AWARE's common concerns include military build-up, the
threat of global de-stabilization, and the reduction
of civil liberties. We come together to coordinate our
efforts, share resources and ideas, and make large
scale actions possible as we work toward peace and
justice.
AWARE website:  http://www.anti-war.net/

Al Kagan is the African Studies Bibliographer at the
University of Illinois Library.
He facilitates AWARE's Mutual Aid Pact, a project to
defend individuals who are
targeted by government agencies due to their religion,
ethnicity, or political beliefs
related to repression  in the aftermath of the
September 11th tragedy.  Al has been
active in a number of anti-imperialist, anti-racist,
and solidarity movements.
Al can be reached at: akagan at uiuc.edu

Sandra Ahten is an active member of AWARE.  She also
contributes regularly to
Independent Media outlets.  Sandra can be reached at:
spiritofsandra at hotmail.com  ]

==> Next Week:  "Prospects of Democracy in Iran" --
Prof. Hadi Esfahani