[Peace] Advice for Ahmed campaign and beyond

Rosemary Braun braun at uiuc.edu
Sat Jun 1 17:19:37 CDT 2002

> From Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu Sat Jun 01 03:17:47 -0500
>
> We should find out to what extent the U of I is in collusion with the
> FBI/INS. UW Madison has refused, for example, to cooperate with the FBI/INS
> because their interrogations are based on racial profiling. What is the U of
> I's position?

I don't know if the position has changed since this piece was published
in late December (I've seen no indication that it has), but Bill Murphy
had then told the Chronicle that they *would* cooperate "because of
the sensitivity we believed our police would show to our students."
I've pasted the story below; the UI part is at the end.

-rosemary

Source: http://chronicle.com/weekly/v48/i17/17a01901.htm

--
rosemary braun  :: theoretical biophysics, univ. illinois ::  braun at uiuc.edu