[Peace] Fwd:[ANSWER]: I will help defend civil rights!

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Mon Jun 17 22:54:37 CDT 2002

Dear Friend,

More than 600 organizers and activists participated in
A.N.S.W.E.R.'s Emergency National conference held on June  1 in New York City. The conference adopted a "Defend Civil  Rights Campaign" that begin with the June 29th
demonstration at the FBI and Justice Department
headquarters in Washington DC. Buses and car caravans are  coming from all over the East Coast to Washington DC on  June 29th. Other cities -- those that can't make it to DC  -- are organizing local rallies June 28th and 29th at
Federal buildings in their cities and towns.

We are launching this campaign in defense of civil rights  because Bush and Ashcroft are trying to silence critics of  their foreign and domestic policies. They want to stifle
dissent by combining the tactics of J. Edgar Hoover's
vicious reign at the FBI with a new kind of McCarthyism --  a witchhunt against people who are targeted for their
political and religious convictions.

We are optimistic that we can turn this tide by organizing  a massive campaign in defense of civil rights. It is
important that people not be intimidated, scared and timid  in response to this assault on free speech.

People around the country are responding to our work. For  example, our web site received more than 1 million "hits"  and tens of thousands of people downloaded our leaflets,  fact sheets and press releases in just the few days just  before and after the historic 100,000-strong demonstration  on April 20th.

We urge you to become a supporter of this effort by making  as generous a contribution as possible. We are filling
buses, sending out mass mailings, reaching out to
educational and religious institutions, holding
educational seminars, sponsoring press conferences in many  cities, speaking on TV and radio, and organizing all the
other tasks to make this a new national "Free Speech"
movement .

Please make a contribution to this effort. If you can't go  to Washington DC make a donation so that we can subsidize  buses for young people and those on a fixed income. To
make a contribution online go to
http://www.internationalanswer.org/donate.html . Checks  and money orders can be mailed to 39 W. 14th St., Room  206, NY NY 10011 (checks of $50 or more are tax-deductible  and can be made out to ?Peoples Rights Fund/No War?;
checks under $50 can be made out to ?A.N.S.W.E.R.?).

We are also providing a special complimentary gift to all  those who are able to make a donation of $100 or more. We  will ship to you an important (and particularly relevant)
newly released hardcover book from St. Martin Press
entitled:  The Einstein File -- J. Edgar's Secret War
Against the World's Most Famous Scientist.

"The Einstein File," by Fred Jerome, is a 358-page
recounting of J. Edgar Hoover's targeting  of the beloved  and revered scientist. Einstein, we learn from this book,  was subjected to FBI abuse, not because of suspected
criminal activity, but because he was a "committed social  activist, anti-racist, anti-war critic of capitalism,
whose daring extended beyond mathematics," writes NAACP  Chairman Julian Bond in praise for this new book.

This powerful eye-opening book, which is priced at $27.95,  is based on Jerome's painstaking research using material  newly obtained through the Freedom of Information Act.  Everyone who makes a contribution to A.N.S.W.E.R.?s
?Defend Civil Rights Campaign? of $100 or more by June 29  will receive a complimentary copy of this book.
Contributions can be made online at
http://www.internationalanswer.org/donate.html (please  indicate in ?shipping information? where you would like
the book sent).

Thank you for your support f