[Peace] Fwd:[ANSWER]: UPDATE on June 29 protest (details, bus info,e

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Sat Jun 22 09:28:38 CDT 2002

*UPDATE* on June 29
PROTEST in defense of CIVIL RIGHTS

* Please read for important INFORMATION and UPDATES about  the June 29 protest in defense of civil rights at FBI and
Justice Department headquarters in Washington DC *

Read below to find:

1. WHAT?S HAPPENING ON JUNE 29 IN DEFENSE OF CIVIL RIGHTS?  Includes details of protest at FBI and Dept. of Justice
headquarters in Washington DC and local actions around the  country!

2.  HOW DO I GET TO THE WASHINGTON DC PROTEST ON JUNE 29?  Includes organized transportation to Washington DC,
driving directions, bus drop off/parking/pick up, hotels
information and more.

3.  HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED? Includes the June 29 Call to  Action, how you can download flyers to help get the word  out, a partial list of endorsers and how you can add
your/your group?s endorsement.

--------------------

1. WHAT?S HAPPENING ON JUNE 29 IN DEFENSE OF CIVIL RIGHTS?

BUSES, VANS AND CAR CARAVANS are coming from around the  country to protest at FBI and Justice Department
headquarters in Washington DC.  For information on
transportation from areas in the East Coast and South, go  to
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/0629/transport.html  .  If you?re organizing transportation and you?re not
listed on the web site, fill out the form at
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/0629/transport.html#ORGSIGNUP

WE WILL ASSEMBLE at the FBI and Justice Department (DOJ)  headquarters at 12 noon on Saturday, June 29.  The FBI and  Justice Department are located across the street from one  another, both on Pennsylvania Ave. between 9th and 10th  St. NW. After rallying at the FBI and DOJ, we will we
MARCH and hold a concluding rally just 2 blocks from the  White House at Farragut Square. This is a permited protest  and march.

All those who can make it to DC are encourage to come ?  people are coming in organized buses, vans and car
caravans, others are taking a car with their friends and  family, coming by bus or train, and some are even flying ?  to make our voices heard at the headquarters of the FBI,  Justice Department and at the White House.

There are also PROTESTS TAKING PLACE AROUND THE COUNTRY ?  in the West Coast, South and Midwest ? June 27-29.  Go to  http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/0629/localdemos.html  for a listing of local actions (please note that this page
is updated daily, so check back for more actions).  If
you?re organizing an action in your city and you?re not
listed ? or if there?s nothing happening in your area and  you want to organize ? fill out the form at
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/0629/localdemos.html#ORGSIGNUP

--------------------

2.  HOW DO I GET TO THE WASHINGTON DC PROTEST?

For organized TRANSPORTATION from various cities, go to  http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/0629/transport.html

For DRIVING DIRECTIONS, go to
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp and put ?9th  St. and Pennsylvania Ave. NW? in Washington DC as your  destination.

In DC, there are two METRO STATIONS that are close to the  gathering location (Pennsylvania Ave. between 9th and 10th  St. NW): (1) "Archives Navy Memorial" stop on the
yellow/green line, which is at 7th St. and Pennsylvania
Ave. NW. and (2) "Federal Triangle" on the blue/orange
line, which is at 12th St. NW just south of Pennsylvania
Ave.  For a DC metro map, click below, go to
http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm

BUS/VAN/CAR DROP-OFF, PICK-UP & PARKING:

BUS/VAN/CAR DROPOFF

The rally gathering site is at FBI and Justice Department  headquarters, on Pennsylvania Ave. between 9th and 10th  St., NW.  We are recommending that