[Peace] July 26th - 28th

Matt Reichel reichel at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 25 12:51:29 CDT 2002

	I thought I would provide an early announcement for the major
ani-war activity planned in Chicago in late July....

	On July 27th and 28th, Chicago is hosting Peace Action's 15th
Annual National Congress. Along with guests U.S. Rep Dennis Kucinich (a
congressional leader on peace and disarmament issues) and Amber Amundsen
(who lost her husband in the Pentagon attack and has since spoken out
against military retaliation), you can be involved in helping to build a
safer world with Peace Action. The congress will be held at the John
Marshall Law School, 315 S. Plymouth Court, in downtown Chicago.

	On July 26th, there will be a protest outside the world
headquarters of the Boeing Co. - profiteers of war and makers of "SMART"
bombs that fail, missing their targets and killing civilians. Boeing Co.
is also the lead contractor for the dangerous and doomed Star Wars missile
system. With hundreds of Peace Action associates scheduled to
be in town for the congress, and hundreds more planning to be bused in for
the protest, this is expected to be the largest anti-war gathering in the
midwest since 9/11.
	Boeing's address is 150 N. Riverside in downtown Chicago (in
between Washington and Lake St. along the river).
	For more info call (312) 566-9780, or visit
www.peace-action.org.

thanks,
Matt