[Peace] Student Peace Action 3/11 Noon

Matt Reichel reichel at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 5 01:06:06 CST 2002

	I am looking for help with Student Peace Action's plans for the
noon lunch hour on 3/11. We intend to use this 6 month anniversary to
reflect on how we, as a nation, are much worse off than we need to be.
	The only progression that has been made since 9/11 has been 2
minutes on the Doomsday Clock (2/27). We are now only 7 minutes shy of
nuclear winter, as a result of things like the continued ignoring of the
CTBT, an official "throwing out" of the ABM treaty, and of course the
current war.
	 What we need is help in flyering and manning National Peace
Action's 50 foot long inflatable missile (thanks to them for loaning the
very expensive piece of equipment). We are also looking for large canvass
banners with peaceful messages written on them. The missile can hold a
number of these, and makes them look beautiful in the newspaper the
following day.
	We are going to discuss logistical intricacies at our meeting on
Wednesday 3/6, 6pm, 145 Lincoln.
	If you can help in any way, please e-mail me at reichel at uiuc.edu.
	More info on everything is available at
www.uiuc.edu/ro/peaceaction.