[Peace] Help needed--Candlelight Vigil Meeting Wed.

parenti susan rose sparenti at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 5 08:07:55 CST 2002

Wednesday, march 6, from 3-5pm, in the downstairs room of the YMCA, will
be a meeting to work on the Candlelight Vigil.

We need help. We are trying to make the Vigil draw that 'hodge podge' of
people who do live here in C-U---people who go to high school,or clean the
University at night,or attend churches, or shop at Schnucks, farm in the
outlying areas, and so on.

And we need help to make the vigil itself an educational, not only
emotional experience, where people leave it resolved to stop this war
government and get at the root causes of the problems/symptoms we see.

If you have ideas, or time, or know people, or can take a few fliers and
pass them out---please come.

So far it's just a very small group of us---I'm counting 6 people, and one
of them is out of state--who are working on this. And we have 8000
candles, wanting to be used.

Susan parenti.