[Peace] McChesney & WILL-AM team up!

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 7 14:52:59 CST 2002

WILL-AM 580 proudly presents, beginning this April, "Media Matters," hosted
by local media critic Robert McChesney Sundays at 1pm.  This program will
feature McChesney in conversation with a variety of guests.  Listeners may
call in with comments or questions.

"The media are central to all our lives," says McChesney.  "Yet, the media
are the most frequently misunderstood parts of our lives.  We want to help
people understand the role of media in society."

McChesney is the author of "Telecommunications, Mass Media, and Democracy:
The Battle for the Control of U.S. Broadcasting, 1928-35"; "Rich Media, Poor
Democracy: Communication Politics in Dubious Times," and most recently,
"It's the Media, Stupid!"  McChesney is a research professor in the
Institute of Communications Research and the Graduate School of Information
and Library Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Kimberlie Kranich
WILL AM-FM-TV
Outreach Coordinator