[Peace] You are goin' to like my art....

charles joseph smith cjsmith2 at students.uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 16 04:55:16 CST 2002

Since I might be leaving the U. of I. this semester because of my final
defense slated for April 7, let me tell you that I might take
my final bow in my gift of doing art at the Artists Against AIDS festival
at The Gallery in downtown Champaign (just near the Art Theater). I
already did some 20 paintings: half of them were---you guessed
it--inspired by the 9-11 attacks and the feeling of being anti-war after
October 7 of last year. The other half was based on dreams and my other
desires.

How did I know? I got an application form from AAA last week.

The festival is slated to run from April 26 to April 28.

Some of you remember the last several Artists Against AIDS festivals in
Champaign. I was in almost all of them. I also know that a few of my
friends from AWARE and other alternative organizations like ISEN and
LLAW (Ladies and Laddies Against The War) and SDAS (School of Designing
a Society) were there, too. I enjoyed hanging out with those people in
celebration of making art that will make a difference in the last two
years. I plan to do it again on April 26 of this year

--Charles Joseph Smith