[Peace] AWARE marching/4th of July Parade

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Wed May 8 06:38:00 CDT 2002

Hi Friends,

The Freedom Celebration folks are still getting organized--they're trying to figure out the parade's theme....... I left my name and phone number, and they'll get back to me next week.  (I'll call them again if they don't.)  The deadline for registration is mid-June, and the registration fee will be about same as last year, $25 for non-profits.

We have been asured a spot, so count on doing this! BTW, they're listed @ www.july4.net, and their phone is 366-3777.  I'll take care of the registration fee and forms, no problem, but David's right--the float/puppet-makers, sign-makers, and etc, need to get their muses up and running.......

It was suggested @ our meeting that AWARE march in front or behind other progressive groups to boost our numbers, show solidarity.  We need a Coordinator for all of this--any eager volunteers??  You can e- or phone me, and I'll spread the word.  Co-coordinators would be fine, too.....

Thanks,
Jenifer Cartwright
352-2803