[Peace] IMC reporter in Israel/Occupied Terr

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Tue May 14 08:10:54 CDT 2002

I spoke yesterday morning with Andrew Kennis who is an Indy Media reporter
that is in the Middle East.  As many of you know his trip is sponser in
large part by the UC-IMC.  I spoke with him to find out his return date so
that i could coordinate a speaker/ fundraiser that I am doing for my friend
Rob Lipton (who was in the Middle East with the International Solidarity
Movement) and have it not interfere with the fundraising that will be done
for Andrew Kennis.

I needed to get it firmed up becuase I am writing a story about the
fundraising event (which is scheduled for June 4) for the Public i.  It
turns out that this is the exact date that Andrew Kennis was planning on
being in town for his fundraising effort.  I spoke to Sascha and he thought
that there were no firm plans.  In order to get this story in the paper... I
am assuming that it will be ok to do these two events as one. (which seems
the only logical things to do.)
The story as it will probably appear in the Public i is posted to the
newswire as of this morning.
http://www.ucimc.org/front.php3?article_id=5358&group=webcast Please contact
me if you can help with the event. Please contact me if you have any
feedback regarding the event or the story.

The event is sponsored by AWARE, Channing Murray and the IMC (so far).
Sandra Ahten
367-6345