[Peace] FYI - Carl for Congress events this week

Jim Buell jbuell at uiuc.edu
Tue May 14 16:33:51 CDT 2002

For those interested, here's a schedule of events the Estabrook for
Congress campaign will be taking part this week. Volunteers are always
welcome and needed.  Anyone with questions is invited to contact John Paul
at 337-1125, or email petitions at carlforcongress.org.

We've got about 2,200 signatures in, out of the 7,000 to 10,000 we're
hoping to gather (5,000 is the legal requirement, but we need to get more
to replace any that get ruled off for bad addresses, people who aren't
actually registered to vote, etc.) Petitions are available via the contact
info above, or can be downloaded from www.carlforcongress.org (legal-size
paper required).

The campaign's really gathering steam. Rumor has it that the recently
declared Democratic congressional candidate signed Carl's petition at a bar
last weekend!

Also look for our upcoming announcement of the Carl for Congress Campaign
Rally, set for a week from Wednesday, May 22, starting at 6:30 p.m. at the
IMC, 218 W. Main, Urbana.

Jim