[Peace] Tell Bush We Need a Better Treaty (fwd)

patton paul ppatton at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed May 15 19:14:46 CDT 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:54:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: Back from the Brink <webmaster at backfromthebrink.policy.net>
To: Paul Patton <ppatton at uiuc.edu>
Subject: Tell Bush We Need a Better Treaty

Dear Brink Supporter,

President Bush claims that the nuclear arms reduction treaty he plans to
sign with Putin at next week's Summit in Moscow will "liquidate the legacy
of the Cold War."

He's wrong.

For one thing, while he shakes hands with President Putin, the
US Strategic Command is still targeting Putin's Moscow office with a
nuclear
bomb.

And instead of dismantling weapons the treaty allows the US (and Russia) to
keep them in storage, where they can be put back on missiles at any time.

Action
Tell President Bush we need real reductions in nuclear arsenals and an end
to the US and Russia threatening each other with nukes on high-alert.

Click on the Next button above (or log on to the Brink Action center at
http://backfromthebrink.policy.net/) and we will send your free
fax urging President Bush to continue discussions with Putin on a treaty
that eliminates nuclear weapons and stops the Cold War policy of having
nuclear weapons primed for a quick-launch.

Background
For more information on this treaty and its limitations, go to
the Brink campaign home page at  www.backfromthebrink.org .

Additional Action
If you are willing to write a letter to the editor,  send an e-mail message
to  prgrm at backfromthebrink.net and we will send you a sample and some tips
on
how to get your letter published.

Be sure to send this message to 5 friends.
Thank you.

Ira Shorr and Esther Pank
Back From the Brink

You have subscribed to receive occasional updates from the Brink Campaign.
If for any reason you want to unsubscribe, please use the reply button with
UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.

Visit http://backfromthebrink.policy.net to take action now!