[Peace] AWARE meeting ad

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Tue May 21 09:40:42 CDT 2002

Carl's note reminded me that I saw an A.W.A.R.E. program for the first time
on UPTV last Thursday. It featured a fascinating discussion with Carl
Estabrook and Dan Cokery from the News Gazette about media and  media
censorship and choices.  It also had audience questions. I was so glad to
see this on local TV.  BUT....

The audio was so bad I couldn't continue to watch for more than 30 minutes.
It was obvious that the hand held microphone did not work or was not turned
on because I could hear none of the questions asked by the audience.  Carl
and Dan must have had lapel microphones because I could hear them better
than the audience.

As a producer of TV and radio myself, I know how labor intensive the job is.
My gentle tip to the good person who bothered to do the work of taping the
discussion and submitting it to UPTV is:  please wear headphones so that you
can monitor what is or is not being recorded to tape so that you can catch
any problems while the program is being recorded. Better yet, have spare
microphobnes on hand and arrive early to test them to be sure they are
working.

Respectfully,
Kimberlie