[Peace] contacting Ahmed

Jordan Green dickeee59 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 25 10:24:34 CST 2002

Hi all,

I'm a friend of Susan Parenti's and the son of Charlotte Green. I live in
New York City and go to Columbia Journalism School. I am very interested in
talking to Ahmed Bensouda about his experience in detention and his politics
of Palestinian liberation. I have been following his case and others like
him who apparently came to the attention of the INS because of their
conspicuous political activities.

His cooperation for the story would be immensely helpful. By describing
conditions in the INS-contracted facilities and INS tactics, he can shed
light on the situation of political detainees who do not have access to the
press. I am working on a long-form magazine piece.

Incidentally, I have also been involved with the campaign to divest from
Israel, and traveled to the West Bank last summer with the International
Solidarity Movement to witness against Israeli military attacks on
Palestinian civilians. With that said, I'm writing this story for the sake
of transparency and fairness, not to advance the Palestinian cause.

I will be in Illinois from December 20 through New Years Eve. I would love
to meet Ahmed in Chicago during that time if he is willing. If anybody is in
touch with him, please pass on my contact information.

Yours truly,
Jordan Green

* * *

Jordan Green