[Peace] More seats for DC march! Please join us!

jeffsowers at swissinfo.org jeffsowers at swissinfo.org
Mon Oct 14 16:10:05 CDT 2002

Please forward this message!

We need people to go with us to Washington DC on October 26th to protest
the war against Iraq. This will be a very important demonstration of public
opposition to the planned war (for info on protest see www.internationalanswer.org).
We need LARGE numbers!!! If you can, please sign up to go ASAP. If you can't
go, you can help by passing the word and helping sponsor someone who has
limited income.

Here is the latest info on the DC trip from CU.

1. Transportation: $60 for roundtrip transportation.

29 out of 42 spots filled, with 13 spots still open. We can help cover transportation
costs for those who need the help. People have already donated money for
this purpose, so please don?t be shy to ask. We have reserved 6 minivans
so far that can hold 7 each. We tried to get a bus, but none were available
in at least a 60 mile radius.

2. Lodging: $26 per person for two nights (Friday and Saturday), or find
your own, just let us know.

As of now we have reserved 7 hotel rooms that can hold 4 adults each (28
spaces). The cost is $26 per person for two nights (Friday and Saturday;
Each room is $60 per night for four adults, plus tax). The Hotel is the
Red Roof Inn in Rockville, Maryland. Rockville is about 20 miles northwest
of DC right off of I-270 (on our way). The rooms will have two double beds
each. People can figure out their own sleeping arrangement. There is a DC
METRO station nearby, and it?s a 30-minute ride downtown. Fare is $2.25
each way. Groups can negotiate as to how they want to get downtown DC Saturday
morning and back to the hotel that evening. Some may opt for Metro, others
to drive.

3. Tentative Itinerary: Still negotiable. Please send comments.

Friday, 10/25
10:00 AM, Departure Rally at UIUC
10:30 AM Depart CU
10:10 PM Arrive Red Roof Inn (for those staying in hotel; 11 hrs 40 min
drive time, per mapquest)

Saturday, 10/26
11:00 AM, Washington DC, March to Stop War Against Iraq

Sunday, 10/27
7:00 AM, Depart hotel/DC (groups can negotiate individual preferences)
6:40 PM, Arrive CU

Call Jeff Sowers at 384-0945 to reserve your spot or email jeffsowers at swissinfo.org

Thanks,

Jeff Sowers