[Peace] Tips for Saturday march planning

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 14 16:31:32 CDT 2002

For anybody(ies) who plans to organize our Saturday marches, here is a list
of what was done for last Saturday's march:

1)An event announcement was posted at ucimc.org (should be done now)
2) Press releases were faxed to local media on Tuesday and again Sat.
morning (Ricky Baldwin has fax numbers)
3) An invitation was sent to folks who wrote letters-to-the-editor
expressing concern or anger over a pre-emptive attack
4) P.S.A.s were written and distributed to media outlets (Rick has list)
5) An email invitation with a catchy title was sent on Wednesday to various
listerves with a "Please Post Widely" reminder
6) Flyers about the Saturday protest were handed out a campus events,
including last Monday's peace rally on the Quad
7) Individual friends were phoned and asked to attend
8) Email Drew Rennick, dj at Parkland (his email and address are at the end
of this)

To increase our numbers and keep our momentum going, the following was done:

1) Pictures and a summary of the action was posted to ucimc.org
2) Names, numbers, addresses and email of Saturday attendees were taken and
an email inviting them to the next march should be sent to them all.

I am unable to attend the next two Saturday marches.  I hope somebody(ies)
will follow through with the above. It doesn't take much time and it seems
to make a difference.

Kimberlie

p.s. Great idea to have a banner making party on Thursday. I hope that it
goes well!
p.p.s. The email below is from a dj at Parkland's radio station.  I know
that at least one person attended because of the Parkland announcement.