[Peace] 51 going to DC march! We want more!

jeffsowers at swissinfo.org jeffsowers at swissinfo.org
Sun Oct 20 11:07:09 CDT 2002

Please post widely.

Over 50 CU area citizens have signed up to go to Washington DC for the October
26th protest against war on Iraq! This is a great response, but we still
want more people to join us and there are seats available. The cost will
only be $60 since we found FREE lodging! This will be a very important demonstration
of public opposition to the planned war (for info on protest see www.internationalanswer.org).
We need LARGE numbers!!! If you can, please sign up to go ASAP. If you can't
go, you can help by passing the word and helping sponsor someone who has
limited income.

We need donations to help cover costs for those who can?t afford to pay
full fare. Many of the people going are students, and need the help. They
are selling t-shirts to raise money, but we?ll probably need more. Thanks
to Tim Gibbs for donating $50!

Here is the latest info on the DC trip from CU.

1. Transportation: $60 for roundtrip transportation.

51 out of 63 spots filled, with 12 spots still open. We can help cover transportation
costs for those who need the help. We have reserved 9 minivans that can
hold 7 each. We tried to get a bus, but none were available in at least
a 60 mile radius.

2. Lodging: We found free lodging in a hotel basement. Bring your own sleeping
bag and pad. For those who prefer a hotel, we have located one for $48 per
night for up to four adults. Let us know your preference, or we?ll assume
you want the free hotel basement.

3. Itinerary

Friday, 10/25
10:00 AM, Departure Rally at UI Union drive through (on Green Street, near
corner of Green and Wright).
10:30 AM Depart from UI Union.
10:30 PM Arrive DC Hotel

Saturday, 10/26
11:00 AM, Washington DC, March to Stop War Against Iraq

Sunday, 10/27
7:00 AM, Depart hotel/DC (groups can negotiate individual preferences)
7:00 PM, Arrive CU

Call Jeff Sowers at 384-0945 to reserve your spot or email jeffsowers at swissinfo.org

Send donations to:

530 E Fairlawn Dr
Urbana, IL 61801

Make checks payable to AWARE

Here is a list of people I have signed up to go. If I?ve left anyone out,
or if there are errors, please let me know.

33 from peace action plus the following 18:
Eric
Paul
Adrienne
Jan