[Peace] Fwd:[ANSWER]: UPDATE on Oct. 26 Nat'l March / YOUR HELP is N

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Thu Oct 24 06:25:16 CDT 2002

UPDATE on Oct. 26 Nat'l March / YOUR HELP is NEEDED!

There are now buses traveling from over 150 cities in over  40 states to be in Washington DC and San Francisco on
October 26.  Groups are traveling from as far South as  Texas and Florida, as far north as North Dakota, Minnesota  and Maine, and from every state on the East Coast.
 Hundreds of buses, vans and car caravans will be arriving  in DC and SF.

The October 26 National March in Washington DC to Stop the  War on Iraq Before it Starts will begin at 11 am in
Constitution Gardens (21st St. and Constitution Ave. NW),  which is adjacent to the Vietnam Veterans War Memorial.
 We will rally and then march to the White House.

FOR BUSES TO DC & SF go to:
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/o26/index.html

FOR ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS (bus drop off & pick up,  bus/car/van parking, directions, metro maps, etc.) go to: http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/o26/logistics.html  or call our Washington DC office at 202-332-5757

***************

HUNDREDS OF VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED in many different areas  to help make the October 26 National March in Washington  DC a success!

Below are detailed descriptions of how you can help out.
 Please email answer at action-mail.org or call 202-332-5757  and let us know when you are available and how you would  like to help out!

** FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25 **

We will be doing set up during the day on Friday. Call us
at 202-332-5757 if are available during the day and we'll  give you the details.

** SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26 **

SET UP

Set up will begin at 7 am at 21st St. and Constitution
Ave. NW.

VOLUNTEER AREAS & HOW TO GET PLUGGED IN

There are many other areas in which help is needed.  These  areas include:
- bus greeting
- handing out signs
- staffing tables
- distributing literature
- volunteering in the medical tent
and more

When you arrive, look for signs that say "Volunteer Here."
 Below are detailed descriptions of some areas.  You can  learn more about other areas by calling us at 202-332-5757  or when you check in at the Volunteers Table on October  26.

BUS GREETING

The majority of the participants will be arriving on buses  beginning at 8 am, having traveled enormous distances in  order to be in D.C. for this historical demo. Once they
arrive they will need to be greeted by energetic,
enthusiastic local volunteers even before they get off the  bus. These volunteers are called "Bus Greeters." Bus
greeters are crucial for orienting demonstrators from out  of town and helping them kick off their day of protest on  a positive note.

We are asking for volunteers to commit to Bus Greeting on  the day of the demonstration. Bus Greeters should arrive  by 8 am and will be needed until 12 noon. They will be
provided with scripts which contain all of the information  they need to convey to the passengers, as well as sign-up  sheets and maps to give to the bus captains on each bus.  Bus Greeting is a great job that allows you to meet 100's  of progressive people from all over the country in a
matter of hours, without missing any of the events of that  day. It's an extremely important way of contributing to
this momentous demonstration and it's extremely fun as  well!

PROJECT 300: FUNDRAISING

Project 300 is a campaign to bring together 300 volunteers  from groups, organizations, mosques and individuals to
conduct on-site the fund raising collection that is
necessary to make the demonstration, march and rally
possible.  The funds you collect help pay for the signs,
banners, the sound, the stage, first aid stations and
comfort stations, and all that enables this massive
demon