[Peace] Please come over

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 23 17:21:42 CDT 2002

It's not too late!!
Hello friend,
I know you saw my message asking you to make a postcard for the AWARE
Postcard for Peace fundraiser and you secretly wanted to make a postcard,
but then you thought you'd just check your email first. You received a
notice from E-bay that the search you saved for ceramic kitty cat mugs for
your Mom's Xmas present resulted in 2 finds so you went to Ebay's website
and while you were there you decided to check out the baseball card that
you've had your eye on. Then the phone rang and it was a telemarketer, but
before you got off, you heard the call waiting signal and it was your sister
wanting to know if you'd found the ceramic kitty cat mug. She also wanted to
know when her kids could come trick or treating in your neighborhood, so you
had to check the paper and get back with her.  While you were reading the
paper you noticed that President Bush was again trying to do something
dangerous  and you decided that you just had to write you congressperson,
but you couldn't find the address so you got on-line and then while you were
on- line you checked your email and saw that your received another notice
from Ebay about the ceramic kitty cat mug. And so you didn't get to make
your postcard for peace.
Or maybe you thought you needed a real postcard.
Or maybe you thought you needed to be a real artist.
Or maybe you thought you needed it to be about Peace and all your art is
landscape like.
Or maybe you just felt overwhelmed or intimidated... but all of that can
come to an end this Saturday.

I am having postcard making party in my studio this Saturday (Oct 26)from
10am-2pm. I'll be supplying postcards and various and many art supplies.
I'll help with ideas and technical stuff. Please email me if you can come
and about what time you will be here. Please forward this to one other
person who might want to come also.

Artmaking children are welcome.

If you can't come -- Please make a postcard anyway. Purty please. AWARE is a
really good cause and it is a really easy project. Any 2 dimensional 4 x 6
piece of art. **Any subject matter** It could be a collage. A photo. A
watercolor. Crayons or markers. Stamping.  Anything.

The deadline can be extended -- If you can't get it in the mail by this
Saturday, but would like to make a piece let me know.

You know where I live. 1408 S. Vine Urbana, between FL and PA. Park on
either side of the street. Go up the rock driveway to the back door.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Sandra

ps. mark your calendar for Nov 10 3pm at Paradiso Cafe for the Postcards for
Peace auction fundraiser.