[Peace] SOA Colombia Mobilization Report Back This Week!

Meridith Kruse bmmk at soltec.net
Mon Oct 28 08:56:30 CST 2002

*****************
Close Down the SOA: A Report Back to the Community about Social Justice
Direct Action Organizing.

Last April, an affinity group of 8 Champaign-Urbana, student and community
members attended a massive mobilization to tell Washington that we don't
want any more tax dollars allocated to terrorist training
facilities.  UIUCSOAW (UIUC School of the Americas Watch), made it to
Washington D.C and joinded tens of thousands on April 19-22 2002, to call
for the closing of the School of the Americas, and an end to the U.S's plan
Colombia. Activities included lobbying, workshops, rally's, and direct
action. Come here what the news never reported.

Tuesday, October 29th
University YMCA K Rooms
8:00pm
1001 S. Wright Street.
Champaign
UIUCSOAW is a committee of the U of I Chapter of Amnesty International, a
program of the University YMCA