[Peace] WILL did it again yesterday....

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Wed Sep 4 09:47:35 CDT 2002

Hi Lovers of Peace, Freedom, and Truth,

Dennis Kuchinich got lots of air time last evening on WILL TV/The News Hour--hope his peace-waging viewpoint is contagious re the U S Senate....

Immediately following that, WILL 580 broadcast a part of a speech from Johannesburg/Conf on Sustainable Development, a scathing indictment of the US and other rich and powerful nations' raising $100 million for the WOT following the death of 3500 in the US, yet only a few million dollars over a 10 year period  in response to the death of 2 million from AIDS in sub-saharan Africa....

And this morning, again on 580.....selections from Colin Powell's speech @ the same conference w/ the audience booing his contention that the US really cares about the environment/climate changes.... And more coverage of The Summit/objections of EU to US plans to attack Iraq....

The truth will set us free only when the listening/viewing public is exposed to it and, as in days of protests re war in Vietnam, takes action....

Colleges and universities can again be in the vanguard, leading the way to truth and action.  I support AWARE's renewed focus on the U of I campus population--students, faculty, staff @ all levels.....

In solidarity,
Jenifer Cartwright