[Peace] the military and school kids

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Mon Sep 9 08:08:39 CDT 2002

BlankParents of all School aged children:
The laws listed below, demand public schools to release the names, addresses
and telephone numbers of all children upon the request of armed forces
recruiting agencies without your consent, or be cut from any federal
funding. If you are concerned, and as outraged as I am about this, please
write your school superintendents and principals a letter instructing them
not to release this information about your children to any branch of the
armed forces for recruitment or any other purposes as stated and referenced
by the instructions of the law below. Demand that this notification remain
in effect so long as any child of yours is enrolled in his or her particular
school district. If you prefer not to, then please encourage them to enlist
in the armed forces, so that they can pledge to defend corporate greed,
profits and the exploitation of third world slave labor with their life and
blood to meet this agenda.

Think that we are in distress yet??? I choose to fly my colors in this
manner. Please read what has become Public law 107-107 and is now
incorporated into both the General Education provisions Act and the National
Defense Authorization act for 2002.

President Bush's "No Child Left Behind" law orders school bosses from New
York and across the country to comply with the new edict - or risk losing
federal funds.

At the beginning of the school year, parents will be given an opportunity to
call school officials to "opt out" of disclosing their child's personal
information.

--S.1438--

S.1438

One Hundred Seventh Congress

of the

United States of America

AT THE FIRST SESSION

Begun and held at the City of Washington on Wednesday,

the third day of January, two thousand and one

An Act

To authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2002 for military activities of
the Department of Defense, for military construction, and for defense
activities of the Department of Energy, to prescribe personnel strengths for
such fiscal year for the Armed Forces, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United
States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the `National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal
Year 2002'.

SEC. 544. MILITARY RECRUITER ACCESS TO SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS.

(a) ACCESS TO SECONDARY SCHOOLS- Paragraph (1) of section 503(c) of title
10, United States Code, is amended to read as follows:

`(c) ACCESS TO SECONDARY SCHOOLS- (1)(A) Each local educational agency
receiving assistance under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of
1965--

`(i) shall provide to military recruiters the same access to secondary
school students as is provided generally to postsecondary educational
institutions or to prospective employers of those students; and

`(ii) shall, upon a request made by military recruiters for military
recruiting purposes, provide access to secondary school student names,
addresses, and telephone listings, notwithstanding section 444(a)(5)(B) of
the General Education Provisions Act (20 U.S.C. 1232g(a)(5)(B)).

`(B) A local educational agency may not release a student's name, address,
and telephone listing under subparagraph (A)(ii) without the prior written
consent of a parent of the student if the student, or a parent of the
student, has submitted a request to the local educational agency that the
student's information not be released for a purpose covered by that
subparagraph without prior written parental consent. Each local education
agency shall notify parents of the rights provided under the preceding
sentence.'.

(b) EFFECTIVE DATE- The amendment made by subsection (a) shall take effect
on July 1, 2002, immediately after the amendment to section 503(c) of title
10, United States Code, made, effective that date, by section 563(a) of the
Floyd D. Spence National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2001 (as
enacted into law by Public Law 106-398; 114 Stat. 1654A-131).

(c) NOTIFICATION- The Secretary of Education shall provide to local
educational agencies notice of the provisions of subsection (c) of section
503 of title 10, United States Code, as in effect upon the amendments made
by subsection (a). Such notice shall be provided not later than 120 days
after the date of the enactment of this Act and shall be provided in
consultation with the Secretary of Defense.

Some of you may like this new amendment and also like the idea of
re-implementing the Draft, which by the way is another bill lurking it's way
around the corner in Congress. Upon learning of this and reviewing the
actual language of this law, my feelings go beyond outrage. This damn
government is readying itself once again to waste another generation or two
in war. Terrorism is a noble cause to be fought. However, once our military
secures the geographical areas the terrorists harbor themselves in, our U.S.
corporations will be free to move into these areas raping the oil, mineral
wealth, polluting these nations into wastelands, instill dictators to keep
the populace in line while paying their peasants a pittance for labor. This
will create more terrorists that want to kill all of us, which will require
the military to intervene in a never ending cycle. Most are not awhere of
these practices taking place globally and within government, our
constitutional rights being stripped from us one by one, or don't really
give a shit one way or the other. There are veterans in the thousands
observing, researching and disseminating this information to each other in
vet news groups and email chat groups. We took an oath to defend this
constitution against all enemies FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC. While this government
continues to cheat us out of our benefits we earned and were promised under
contract, we most likely will be all that stands between you and this
government falling into tyranny. If you vote please ask your congressmen if
they voted for this amendment to the education and defense bills. You are
still free to thank them for it or fire them, by voting for an incumbent.

Jeff Zakula

Guf War Vet

Firebase Mesaba Range MN.