[Peace] in-house conversation on Yugoslavia, Palestine

parenti susan rose sparenti at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 10 08:38:28 CDT 2002

Billy Kenniston, an activist-writer from Durham NC, spent time this
summer in Palestine, and I just came back from 10 days in (the former)
Yugoslavia.

We would like to have a conversation about our experiences and analyses of
US foreign policy, and the language used, with you.

This will be in my(and Herbert Brun's) apartment, at 902 S. Lincoln,
apartment 207,tomorrow, Sept. 11th, from 7-9pm. Drinks served, food
imagined.

Please feel welcome to come. These will not be formal talks, but
discussions. For my part, on Yugoslavia, I need people to help me piece
out what actually happened to the former Yugoslavia, despite what was said
about it, and whether we can come up with a 'recipe' for what US foreign
policy persistently is doing, despite what it says about what it's doing.