[Peace] Postcards for peace. Celeb request

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 22 22:52:19 CDT 2002

In addition to having local artist make postcards for our "Postcards for
Peace" fundraiser we want to have "celebrity" postcards also.
If everyone could try to make contact with one "celebrity" it would be so
great for our fundraising efforts. It may feel silly to do this, but WEFT
raised $5000 at a similar fundraising effort several years ago. Wouldn't it
be great to not have to fundraise for a year... so we can concentrate on
direct action during this time of crisis. Please let me know who you are
attempting to contact.  Here are some ideas:
Patch Adams, Amy Goodman, Steve Earle, Jim Hightower, Ani DiFranco, Alex
Olsen, Michael Franti, Ralph Nadar. Maybe your willing to take a 4 x 6
postcard size piece of paper and some pens with you to a concert and just
try to get backstage and ask. Maybe you know a promoter. Maybe you'll just
try diligently sending messages to their email. Maybe you can come up with
an ingenious way to get this. Please try.

We also want local celebrities. (Think Ed Keiser, Claudia Lenhoff, Bob
McChesney, Mary Lee Sargent, etc.)

Please let me know who you would like to contact. I have a sample letter
written that I will forward to you to send.

Sandra