[Peace] (no subject)

Jay Mittenthal mitten at life.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 25 11:22:26 CDT 2002

This Thursday in Chicago, Ben Cohen, founder of TrueMajority, will be
leading a "snort-in" to protest the possible invasion of Iraq. Please join
us, and forward this email to anyone you know who might be interested. This
is not the time for the American people to wallow. All of us should speak
out against the war! Here's more information:

WHEN: Thursday, September 26, 2002, 1:30 p.m.

WHERE: 2021 N. Stockton Drive in Lincoln Park (located in the picnic area
just north of Cafe Brauer, which is north of the zoo and farm)

WHAT: In the 1960s, political activists held sit-ins and teach-ins against
the Vietnam War. Now, we're holding a snort-in against the Iraq War.
Donning pig noses and led by Ben, we'll gather in Chicago to snort at the
prospect of invading Iraq. Joining us will be a 12-foot Pentagon Pig,
representing the defense budget. This huge Pentagon Pig pulls two small
pigs proportionately representing the U.S. budget for Education and World
Hunger.

WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!