[Peace] October 7th and other Student Action info

Matt Reichel reichel at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 26 14:13:45 CDT 2002

	For October 7th, Professors Francis Boyle and Carl Estabrook have
agreed to talk at the SPA sponsored rally. We will have signs, marching,
and chanting, and are hoping to attract national media (who will be in
town for Bears-Packers) to come and cover the start of the "Impeach
Bush/Cheney/Ashcroft campaign."
	I forgot to make the official request at the AWARE meeting for
co-sponsorship. We definitely need AWARE's co-sponsorship. I assume this
is No problem? Fliers are almost ready.

	Finally, SPA is in the midst of planning a sleep out if and when
the war begins. We think a 24 hour (minimally) campout with signs and
bullhorns on the grassy area of the quad would be a good immediate
response to war. Anyone else think this is an interesting idea?
	Let me know.

	thanks,
	Matt Reichel