[Peace] Greens need help to 'rock the vote'

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 26 14:32:38 CDT 2002

AWAREistas--

Tonight the Canopy Club (708 South Goodwin, Urbana) will have three local
bands and, in their front room, a place for candidates to encourage
registration and talk with potential voters.

The management of the Canopy Club have been quite helpful and forthcoming
about this program.  The Green party congressional campaign is invited to
bring literature and paraphernalia and have people there to talk with the
concert-goers.  The Democratic candidate (there IS one) plans to have his
serried legions there, so we could use anyone who wants to come -- we'll
provide the "Estabrook for Congress" t-shirts.  Setup about 8pm or so -- I
even like the idea of taking the banner and the Timmy-doll in his
corporate strait-jacket.

Let me know if you want to play.  --Carl

  =========================
  Carl Estabrook
  Green Party Candidate for
  US House of Representatives
  15th Illinois Congressional District
  "A Choice for A Change"
  24 East Green Street - Suite 14
  Champaign IL 61820
  217.355.7313
  <www.carlforcongress.org>
  "There are no magic answers, no miraculous methods to
  overcome the problems we face, just the familiar ones:
  honest search for understanding, education, organization,
  action that raises the cost of state violence for its
  perpetrators or that lays the basis for institutional change
  -- and the kind of commitment that will persist despite the
  temptations of disillusionment, despite many failures and
  only limited successes, inspired by the hope of a brighter
  future."  --Noam Chomsky