[Peace] Hip Hop Benefit Show to Close Down Whisc FRIDAY 8pm YMCA (fwd)

Demian Kogan dakogan at students.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 16 09:43:17 CDT 2003

The Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation (formerly SOA),
is a US military training school based in Ft. Benning GA.  Whisc trains
Latin American soldiers in combat, counter-insurgency, and counter
narcotics, on our soil, with our tax dollars.  Whisc facilitates in
training some of the Latin America's worse human rights violators in the
Latin America, under the leadership of the United States military. For 13
years, there has been a growing movement to close the school down!

Locally, UIUCSOAW has been organizing around this issue through
educational events, and attending national actions.  Come find out more
through a night of Hip Hop and education.

Friday April 18
8 - Midnight
Latzer Hall at the University YMCA on Wright Street
4$

Featuring:
Spinnerty
UC Hip Hop Allstars
Stone Forest Ensemble
Fortnight Trio
Doomsday
Soulstice

Th event is co-sponsored by UGASA.
email: esarey at uiuc.edu pezzaros at uiuc.edu
For more information about SOAW, visit: www.soaw.org
uiucsoaw meets tuesday evenings at the University YMCA at 8:00.