[Peace] Peace Bazaar this Saturday

Joan Nelshoppen jnelshoppen at insightbb.com
Wed Dec 3 07:04:38 CST 2003

The 33 rd annual Peace Bazaar is only a few days away!  It will be held
Saturday December 6th at Community United Church of Christ at 805 S. 6th St.
(at the corner of 6th and Daniel) in Champaign, IL from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Everyone is invited to come shopping!

The Peace Bazaar is an annual community event where we sell gifts (new and
recycled), UNICEF cards and calendars, toys, crafts, books, plants,
fresh-baked goods, art by local artists, gift certificates to local
restaurants and businesses, and much more!  We have a tremendous number of
donated items this year - come check it out.

The sale starts at 9 a.m.  Come early for the best selection.  Half-price
sale starts at 1 p.m.

Funds raised from the event go to groups promoting peace and social justice.
Local recipients of 2003 Peace Bazaar proceeds include the BOAST Academy
after-school program, El Centro por los Trabajadores, the Urbana-Champaign
Independent Media Center and St. Jude Catholic Worker House.  International
recipients include Doctors Without Borders, Heifer Project International,
Ploughshares, and NISGUA, the Network in Solidarity with the People of
Guatemala.

The 33 rd annual Peace Bazaar is sponsored by the Urbana-Champaign Friends
Meeting (Quakers) and Community United Church of Christ.

For more information, please contact Claire Szoke (email: cszoke at uiuc.edu;
356-6710 or 265-0581) or Joan Nelshoppen (email:jnelshoppen at insightbb.com
344-7942)

Please feel free to forward this note to friends you feel might be
interested.   Peace!