[Peace] Day in Our Hometown: Champaing-Urbana tonight on WILL-TV

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 8 08:49:43 CST 2003

Tune in tonight for "A Day in Our Hometown: Champaign-Urbana."  The show
will be broadcast twice and only tonight, December 8, at 7 pm and then again
at 8:30 pm on WILL TV (Cable Channel 13).

The show is entirely shot by volunteers - residents of Champaign-Urbana -
who each chose different aspects of the twin cities that make our town a
unique, lovely, quirky place to live.  If you think you know this town,
think again!  Unlike most TV shows, you will probably see someone you know
on this one.

The program features WEFTies Holly Rushakoff and her band, Triple Whip, Dave
Monk and his prairie gardens, and Jason Pitzl in a segment on comic book art
and the IMC.

Other features include:

- Urbana's Dog Park
- Urbana Free Library - Why is it called "free?" - this feature tells why!
- Urbana's Farmer's Market
- East Central Ilinois Refugee Mutual Assistance Center
- how a local teenager got his start at the Station Theater
- an older sister follows her teenage sister around her school activities
- a comic-arts show at the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center
- a day in the life of a wheelchair-bound resident running his errands
- the diversity of music you can find in one day wandering around C-U
- a new cafe in campustown that serves "bubble tea"
- the Prairie Monk
- downtown Champaign
- Champaign's Skatepark

and more ...

If you appreciate this type of programming, please make a pledge
during the show.  A pledge of $75 gets you your own copy of the show without
fundraising breaks.

Tune-in and enjoy,

Kimberlie