[Peace] on Halabja

pfmueth at pop.ameritech.net pfmueth at pop.ameritech.net
Mon Feb 3 09:40:18 CST 2003

At 5:04 PM -0500 2/2/03, Dlind49 at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 2/2/03 2:59:57 PM Central Standard Time,
>pfmueth at pop.ameritech.net writes:
>
><< http://polyconomics.com/showarticle.asp?articleid=1967 >>
>Ok: lets get his straight. Halabja and other incidents did occur. Iraq forces
>did posses and use chem / bio!   Iran did also!

Neither Peletiere nor Wanisky deny Halbja  happened, however they do
suggest that the actual source of this most devastating attack is
ambiguous. This, of course , is a stark contrast to the propaganda
from many sources, BushCheney not the least

Doug, I hope you have the time to talk to with Peltiere about this,
perhaps on your next speaking tour .. .
Do you have a copy of his War College report? or his book, Iraqi
Power and U.S. Security in the Middle East ?
I wonder if the DIA classified document he refers to is available in any form?

Here's a link to some argument by Peletiere about the issue from a decade ago
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/3441

cheers

PS I certainly second Jim Buell's sentimenst in his recent post ..