[Peace] Fwd:[ANSWER]: Emergency Response Protests and Walkouts

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Mon Feb 10 14:02:31 CST 2003

EMERGENCY RESPONSE PROTESTS AND WALKOUTS

As the Bush Administration threatens to wage a unilateral  war of aggression we must do all we can to make this
movement the single biggest obstacle to war. We do not  believe that war in inevitable. However, if the war starts  we must be organized to resist and disable the war
machine.

The DAY a new U.S. war on Iraq starts -- EMERGENCY PROTEST  at a central location -- in Washington, D.C. at the White
House, in New York at Times Square, in San Francisco at  Powell and Market -- to protest the war followed by a
march through city neighborhoods beginning at 5 p.m. (the  next day at 5 p.m. of the bombing begins at night). Many
cities and communities have a tradition of holding these
emergency actions in response to U.S. military aggression.  If your community does not have a traditional plan, pick a  busy location/intersection, a Federal Building, Town Hall,  etc.

THE MORNING AFTER THE WAR STARTS -- WALK OUT/STAYAWAY!  ORGANIZE WALK OUTS from school, work, leave your home.  Spend the morning leafleting for people to join the
anti-war movement. A.N.S.W.E.R. offices and organizing
centers around the country will be open in the morning to  pick up leaflets and from there you can head out with
others into your community. Converge mid-day at noon at  city centers -- in Washington, D.C. at the White House, in  New York City at Union Square, in San Francisco at Civic  Center Plaza -- to engage in protest actions against the  war. Download flyers at www.internationalanswer.org and  locate organizing centers in your area.

THE FIRST SATURDAY AFTER -- CONVERGE AT THE WHITE HOUSE --  The Saturday after a new war on Iraq is launched,
thousands of people will be converging at the White House  in Washington DC at 12 noon.

To list your city's Emergency Response Mobilization Plan,  fill out the form at
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/emerg/index.html#emergevent (if the link does not take you directly to the form, just
scroll down)

---------------------------------------

FEBRUARY 15 & 16 MASS ACTIONS
Part of the February 13-21 Week of Resistance

On February 15, there will be demonstrations in thousands  of cities across the country and around the world in
response to the call issued from the European anti-war  movement. The A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition joins with the
hundreds of organizations who will be mobilizing for the
NYC, Chicago, Los Angeles and other regional and local
actions on that day. On February 16, there will be a mass  action in San Francisco co-sponsored by the A.N.S.W.E.R.  Coalition, Bay Area United Against War, Not in Our Name  Project, and United for Peace and Justice.

In New York City, join A.N.S.W.E.R. on Friday, February 14  for a teach-in from 9 am to 4 pm on Building an anti-war  movement that connects the struggle against war on Iraq  with the fight for social and economic justice and civil
rights at home, followed by an Indoor Rally from 7 to 10
pm on Linking the struggle against corporate
globalization, war, militarism and racism. Both events
will take place at Community Church, 35th St. between Park  and Madison Ave.

To find out about FEBRUARY 15 & 16 LOCAL AND REGIONAL  EVENTS, AND BUSES TO THEM GO TO:
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/f15/f15transp.html

Fill out this form if you are ORGAINZING A LOCAL OR
REGIONAL EVENT:
http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/f15/index.html#feb15event (If the link does not take you directly to the form,
scroll down to the form entitled "List your local area
February 15th event")

Fill out this form if you are ORGANIZING TRANSPORTATION TO  A REGIONAL EVENT:
http://w