[Peace] Help us mount billboards and posters (fwd)

patton paul ppatton at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 12 09:38:34 CST 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 12 Feb 2003 15:20:35 -0000
From: "Wes Boyd, MoveOn.org" <moveon-help at list.moveon.org>
To: Paul Patton <ppatton at uiuc.edu>
Subject: Help us mount billboards and posters

Dear MoveOn member,

For the next two weeks we're supporting volunteers in an intense
local campaign to get out the word about opposition to war.  The
decision by France, Germany, and Russia to put their feet down in
favor of tough inspections has become a giant embarrassment for the
hawks in the Bush administration.  And public support for unilateral
war continues to be weak, even under the assault of an enormous
marketing campaign by the White House.  We need to keep up the
pressure.

We're highlighting two key efforts today:  anti-war placards and
billboards.

Please download this placard sign today and put it in the window
in your living room or car.  Then post copies where appropriate in
your community:

   http://moveon.org/inspectionswork/

Please let us know how many copies you've posted at:

   http://moveon.org/posters.html

We also want to take this same image and place it on billboards
across the country -- DC, LA, Detroit, San Francisco.  If we can
raise $75,000 by Thursday, we're also planning to place these signs
on 25% of the busses in Washington D.C. for the next month and on
trucks that will travel throughout the Capitol.  We'll make sure
Donald Rumsfeld gets a chance to see that it's not just our nation's
allies that oppose this war.

Can you chip in?  Just click below to go to our secure donations form:

   https://moveon.org/billboards/

We really need your contributions in the next 48 hours.  Just a
reminder: only give funds through our secure, online donation pages
at MoveOn.org.

In the next two weeks, we'll be highlighting five ways for you to get
out the word: some fun, some easy, some challenging -- all powerful.
Over thirteen thousand individuals have volunteered more than a day
of time to this effort. We'll be reaching millions. Please stay tuned.

Here are the key elements of this volunteer campaign:

1)  A Million Signs -- ACTIVE NOW
    go to http://www.moveon.org/inspectionswork/

2)  Talking to Our Neighbors -- STAY TUNED

3)  Billboards and Buses -- ACTIVE NOW
    go to https://www.moveon.org/billboards/

4)  Ads in 100+ Newspapers -- STAY TUNED

5)  A Really Cool Coalition Effort -- TO BE ANNOUNCED FEB 18TH

This grassroots PR campaign is totally unprecedented. All across the
country, we're coming together to make our steady voice heard over
the media's war frenzy. Never before have so many people spoken in
a coordinated effort such as this one.

Twice a week for the rest of February, we will be updating you on the
progress of each of these efforts. In each email, we'll be giving our
entire 700,000+ U.S. membership a chance to get involved.

Thanks for everything,

Sincerely,
--The MoveOn Team
  Carrie, Eli, Joan, Peter, Wes, Zack
  February 11, 2003

P.S.  We're running another NY Times ad tomorrow in collaboration with
True Majority and Working Assets.  See it in the Times or view here
(this is a 231K PDF file):

   http://www.moveon.org/inspections/nytimes021203.pdf