[Peace] Van available for travel to Feb 15 Chicago demonstration

Randall Cotton randallcotton at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 11 22:23:23 CST 2003

I'm renting a van (on my dime) to take whoever wants to go to the Chicago
Feb. 15 demonstration/march this Saturday.

The event starts noon at 2200 W. Devon (at Leavitt). This is apparently the
heart of the Chicago Pakistani community. This demonstration was originally
called for by Chicago's Pakistani/South Asian community in opposition to the
racial profiling, detainment and deportation taking place, but has since
grown into the Chicago component of the worldwide Feb 15 anti-war
demonstrations as well.  At least 75 organizations in the Chicago anti-war
community have banded together in this effort including the Chicago
Coalition against War and Racism as well as the Chicago chapter of
International ANSWER.

The official home page of the march is at:

http://www.chicagoantiwar.org/feb15mobilization/

Additional information of note is also at:

http://www.answerchicago.org/

Please reply to me if you're interested (and please be careful NOT to reply
to the whole mailing list).
You can also reach me at:

(217) 351-8644 (home)
(217) 722-8470 (cell)

PS: Note that this will probably be an opportunity to dine at one of
Chicago's fine South Asian restaurants in the area, and I'm hereby calling
for suggestions =8-)

PPS: I'll rent multiple vans if the response warrants it.