[Peace] do you have anything to add?

Carol Inskeep inskeep at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 13 15:03:10 CST 2003

Would you like to sing a few political songs for us at the next AWARE meeting?
Is there something that never gets brought up that you'd like to see on the
agenda?  Do you have an idea for an event or activity that you'd like to talk
about at the AWARE meeting?

Now's your chance to get on the agenda!  Email any suggestions or
additions for this meeting or a future meeting.

Two special notes for this week:  Emily Hauser, an Israeli/American will
do an educational discussion at 4 at the IMC immediately before the
meeting.  And local artist Sarah Kanouse will be showing 4 short video
pieces on political themes at the start of Sunday's meeting.

Tentative Agenda - Al Kagan facilitating - This is flexible - we can
change times as needed...

INTRODUCTIONS (5)
SARAH KANOUSE VIDEOS (20)
NEWS OF THE WEEK - Carl Estabrook (10)
PAST WEEK'S EVENTS - including Cities for Peace delegation to NY (10)
COMMENTS ON EMILY HAUSER'S TALK - David Green (5)
PROSPECT FOR PEACE REPORT AND REPORTS FROM THOSE WHO ATTENDED RALLIES IN
   SPRINGFIELD AND CHICAGO - Ricky Baldwin and others (10)
REPORT FROM CITY COUNCIL RESOLUTIONS WORKING GROUP - Lisa or Al (5)
FUNDRAISER CONCERT (Paul Kottheimer) - (5)
FINANCIAL REPORT (5)
LITERATURE UPDATE (5)
DISCUSSION:  What is our strategy if a war begins?  (15)
ANNOUNCEMENTS - yard signs, Teachers for Peace and Justice event, IDF
   events, Fellowship of Reconciliation program, etc. (5)