[Peace] Please join the Virtual March (fwd)

patton paul ppatton at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 21 09:33:37 CST 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 21 Feb 2003 05:39:32 -0000
From: "Wes Boyd, MoveOn.org" <moveon-help at list.moveon.org>
To: Paul Patton <ppatton at uiuc.edu>
Subject: Please join the Virtual March

Dear MoveOn member,

The New York Times reported yesterday that "global anti-war
protests have put the White House on the defensive."  Between
the strong case for tough inspections and the growing domestic
and international opposition to war, the hawks in the Bush
Administration are on the run.  We need to keep them there.

We've marched in the streets of New York.  We've marched in
over 600 cities around the world.  Now it's time to bring that
noise to Washington, where the President and Congress can't
escape it.  On February 26th, you can join a massive march on
Washington without leaving your living room.  Just go to:

   http://www.moveon.org/winwithoutwar/

The Virtual March on Washington is a first-of-its-kind group
effort from the Win Without War coalition.  Working together,
we'll direct a steady stream of phone calls -- about one per
minute, all day -- to every Senate office in the country,
while at the same time delivering a constant stream of emails
and faxes.  Think of it as a march -- one by one, we'll be
passing through our Senators' offices and the offices of the
White House to let them know how we feel about this war.

Like a normal march, the success of this campaign depends on
how many people participate. All you need to do is make three
phone calls -- it won't take more than 15 minutes of your
time.  But together with tens of thousands of others, it'll
make a huge impression: on February 26th, in every Senate
office and in the White House, the phones will be ringing off
their hooks.

You can sign up for your time to call or place a free fax
right now at:

   http://www.moveon.org/winwithoutwar/

Here's what Tom Andrews, a former Member of Congress and the
National Director of the Win Without War Coalition has to say
about the February 26th Virtual March: "Believe me, political
leaders in Washington will get the message when their phones
and fax machines light up -- and stay lit up -- from morning
until night. They will know that there are a lot of us, that
we care deeply about this unnecessary march to war, and that
we are organized. Our message will be heard. But, we
absolutely need you to make this work."

Last Saturday, millions of us in hundreds of cities around the
world voiced our opposition to a war on Iraq.  Please help us
bring this dissent to Washington on February 26th, by taking
part in the Virtual March.

Sincerely,
--Wes Boyd and Eli Pariser
  MoveOn.org
  February 19th, 2003

P.S. If you'd like to help get the word out about the Virtual
March, we need volunteers to assist with the distribution of
leaflets country-wide.  You can join a leafleting team in your
neck of the woods at:

   http://www.moveon.org/leaflets/