[Peace] democracy now today and Bush and Wolfie in chicago

Paul Mueth paulmueth at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 3 11:26:26 CST 2003

Amy really outdoes herself today

*Interview with journalist on Iraq-Turkish border.
apparently a division of Haliburton runs the base
there and will likely get the contract for further
expansions. . . friends in high places.

*Greg Palast and others on Venezuela, apparently
a large corporation (with some local connections) is
sabotaging the computer software that runs a lot of
the oil enterprise in V. (more of a technical lockout
than a strike)
 does anyone know about SAIC and its business here?
apparently AMDOCS is not the only spooky corporation
around town.

*A very nervous interview with a mother jones author
about "predatory missionary work"

In listening to WBAI for dem now
I heard a student activist show interviewing some
folks in chicago and heard about demos for Bush's
visit next week and Wolfowitz the following. Don't
have the details but one of the 11 student groups
working on the actions must have a web presence. .
Perhaps these demo opportunities are already being
discussed . .
Depending on when the Resident is in Chicago, I might
like to go, but I would need a ride as I don't have
reliable transport, having total my coupe ..

cheers