[Peace] Washington DC March

Charlotte Green chgreen48 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 2 09:54:01 CST 2003

PLEASE FORWARD TO ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED

WASHINGTON DC MARCH
NO WAR IN IRAQ
TRANSPORTATION TO DC FROM CHAMPAIGN-URBANA
January 18, 2003

On January 18, 2003, tens of thousands of people will
gather in Washington DC from all over the nation to
voice opposition to going to war with Iraq.  The
protest will include a brief rally on the west side of
the Capitol starting at 11 AM followed by a massive
march to the Washington DC Navy yard, a huge military
complex located in the heart of one of Washington’s
working class communities, within walking distance
from the Capitol.

Departure times:	AWARE is arranging transportation.
We will travel in rental vans, departing from
Champaign on Friday, January 17 at 8 AM from the front
of the Illini Union.  We will leave Washington DC
early Sunday morning, January 18, and be back in
Champaign around 11 PM.

Lodging:		We will spend both nights at Silver Springs
Presbyterian Church.  We have to be out of the church
by 8:30 AM because the Seventh Day Adventist Church
holds services there on Saturday mornings.

Cost:			Cost is $60.  To reserve a space, please send
a check ($60 or whatever you can afford or a request
for financial assistance) to Charlotte Green, P.O. Box
595, Urbana, IL 61801.

Donations:		We are accepting donations to help those
who wish to go, but can’t afford it.  Also,
contributions would help offset the extra cost of
chartering a bus if enough people sign up for the
trip.  We appreciate the generous donations we have
received from several supporters.  Thanks!!

What to bring:	Bring a sleeping bag, change of
clothing, snacks and water.  Wear comfortable shoes
since you’ll be standing or walking for several hours.
 Remember to prepare for cold weather!

Food:			There are a number of restaurants and coffee
shops in the area that cater to tourists who are
downtown on the weekend.  There are vendors in the
area of the White House with snack food, ice cream,
soda, etc.  People are encouraged to bring snacks or a
lunch with them because it will be a long day on
January 18th.

For more info	Contact Charlotte, chgreen48 at yahoo.com
or (217) 367-5720.  For information about the march
itself, go to internationalanswer.org.