[Peace] AWARE is registered

raia fink raiafink at students.uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 24 15:36:53 CST 2003

I went ahead and registered the Anti-War, Anti-Racism Effort as a
registered student organization at the U of I. (something we agreed to do
a looooooong time ago) So now we don't have to depend on the kind,
peace-loving folk from Student Peace Action for all that stuff like
space on the quad and whatnot, but I sure hope we'll continue to
collaborate heavily, with SPA maintaining its campus orientation and AWARE
continuing our community style orientation. I'll look into photocopying
costs, space requests, and getting student allocation funds as a
registered student organization, but I won't be the one to take over doing
all that stuff, if we decide to go that route.
Peace,
Raia

        Show me a time when violence is necessary and I will show you
              a time when you are not as free as you thought.
                           -Bombs don't meet needs-