[Peace] Message from Meridith Kruse

Jan & Durl Kruse durljan at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 20 21:55:50 CDT 2003

Request From Meridith Kruse!

Please contact Senator Durbin

Toll Free #s to D.C.

1-800-839-5276

1-877-762-8762

1-888-508-2974

Subject: John Hamilton

US Ambassador to Guatemala

Dear Peace List:

thanks for your messages,

glad to hear you are going to contact the US

ambassador to Guatemala  John Hamilton.

our teachers specifically asked

us on friday to contact our family and

friends in the US to have them put the pressure

on from the international end with the situation

in Guatemala regarding Rios Montt.  As you know he is a war

criminal responsible for genocide during the worst years

of repression in Guatemala.

Rios Montt has been successful in buying off the constitutional

court to rule in his favor and approve in defiance of the

Guatemalan constitution, his ability to run for president in

the upcoming november elections.

i do not have direct contact info for Ambassador Hamilton,

but i think it would be a great idea to call Durbin's office

and ask him for the info...that is what government

is for...providing us with needed information...

and it would be a great conversation starter with

the Dublin rep as well.

Thanks to all who may take the time to make a toll free call

to Durbin's office and ask how we can support John Hamilton's

condemnation of the Guatemalan courts decision.  Hamilton

has also stated that it would now be difficult to have normal

relations with Guatemala in light of this courts decision.

i look forward to seeing all my family  and friends when i
return

in August.

Meridith

---Jan    Durl Kruse