[Peace] P4P in black, counterdemo again

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 15:20:02 CST 2003

PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY

Prospect for Peace
STILL Needs You!
2-4 pm, Sat. March 22
N Prospect and Marketview
(Don't park at Tires Plus!)

The pro-war folks intend to be back this Saturday, and
continue on Saturdays after that, according to
Monday's News-Gazette (in a very good article by Paul
Wood).  AWARE will take the same precautions as last
weekend, and we expect no trouble...

BUT
Folks still need to be alert, as it looks more and
more like the Bush Administration may attack Iraq
within days.  If that happens, the mood of the
counterdemo (and drivers-by) may shift dramatically.
We owe it to ourselves and our supporters to remain
calm.

Also, if there is a full-scale attack, there has been
a suggestion  that EVERYONE WEAR BLACK TO P4P and that
we bring very few signs (none of the boisterous, funny
ones).  Folks at Sunday's AWARE meeting seemed to like
this idea, and we may not get another chance to
discuss it - so keep it in mind.  It could make quite
an image.  (Please, any discussion on this should be
on the peace-discuss list, not here.)

If you want to help, call me at 356-2205 or Linda at 355-5462.