[Peace] A Citizens' Declaration (fwd)

patton paul ppatton at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 19 16:54:34 CST 2003

Please sign this declaration now.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 19 Mar 2003 22:24:43 -0000
From: "Eli Pariser, MoveOn.org" <moveon-help at list.moveon.org>
To: Paul Patton <ppatton at uiuc.edu>
Subject: A Citizens' Declaration

Dear MoveOn supporter,

War in Iraq is imminent.  But the outbreak of war is not the
end of the fight for peace -- only the beginning.

Around the globe, people are joining together in a declaration
of our continued commitment to international cooperation.  We will
be announcing this declaration in a press conference on Friday, and
we need your help.

Signing up will only take a minute of your time, but it'll
send a message that the momentum built through our opposition
to war in Iraq will only keep growing.

You can sign up at:

   http://www.moveon.org/declaration/

Here's the text of the Declaration:

------------

              A CITIZENS' DECLARATION

As a US-led invasion of Iraq begins,
we, the undersigned citizens of many countries,
reaffirm our commitment to addressing international
conflicts through the rule of law and the United Nations.

By joining together across countries and continents,
we have emerged as a new force for peace.
As we grieve for the victims of this war,
we pledge to redouble our efforts to put an end to the Bush
Administration's doctrine of pre-emptive attack and
the reckless use of military power.

------------

Please sign now, and then use our web page to pass a
message on to your friends.

Thank you,
--Carrie, Eli, Joan, Peter, Wes, and Zack
  The MoveOn Team
  March 19th, 2003

P.S. If a war with Iraq starts soon, folks across the
country are planning vigils and other events.  You can
find events in your area at the United for Peace website:

   http://www.unitedforpeace.org

If you know of an event that isn't listed, you can also
add it to the list there.