[Peace] Emergency Action Kits now available! (fwd)

patton paul ppatton at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 19 10:09:53 CST 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: TUE, 18 MAR 2003 22:48:08 -0500
From: VoteNoWar at InternationalAnswer.org
To: ppatton at uiuc.edu
Subject: Emergency Action Kits now available!

Dear VoteNoWar.org Member:

What the anti-war movement has accomplished so far is
impressive. The Bush administration has been committed for
the past 18 months to carrying out a first strike war of
aggression against Iraq. The administration believed that
its dominance in military affairs and its control over
international financial institutions would guarantee that
the world would succumb to endorsing this unjust war.
However, because of the world-wide anti-war movement,
neither the United Nations nor the governments of the world
have agreed to the use of the U.N. as a fig leaf for
unilateral war. Thus the Bush Administration's war plan
stands exposed.

The global movement, with the people leading the
politicians, has caused governments to break with the United
States' unlawful policy of aggressive warfare. Not only have
we collectively prevented the earlier outbreak of war, we
have built a global consensus that the U.S. war against Iraq
is a reckless adventure justified with lies and forgeries
that risks worldwide catastrophe.

prosecution of what could be the first world war of the 21st
century, major anti-war groups had an emergency meeting on
the day of Bush's war speech to agree on a unified plan of
action. International A.N.S.W.E.R., Not In Our Name, the
Greens/Green Party USA, and labor and religious groups, have
called for unified Stop the War actions: No Business as
Usual! on Bush's Ultimatum day, Wednesday March 19, and on
the day of (or after) the first day of war. (See full call
below.)

***No Business as Usual - Wednesday March 19 & If War
Breaks Out Walk Out
We cannot conduct business as usual while there is a
slaughter planned in the Middle East. We will leave our
ordinary activities, work, school or any other activity and
walk out if the war breaks out, and also on Bush's Ultimatum
Day, this Wednesday March 19. For each of these days, we ask
everyone to engage in educational leafleting in the morning
at subways, bus stops, and other points of central transport
or gathering, and encourage all to come join with us at 12:
00 noon and 5:00 p.m. for collective action and protest.

***Walk Out Action Kits [available versions: national;
Washington, D.C.; San Francisco; New York City]

We have put together a Walk Out action kit, consisting of
leaflets that can be copied and distributed for or before
each of these protests. There is room on the leaflets for
you to write whatever location will be the assembly location
in your city. Also, on the Saturday after the war breaks out
there will be a regional emergency convergences including at
the White House. For the events in Washington, D.C., the
assembly location will be the north side of the White House.

As always, if you can, please support the anti-war movement
with a tax deductible donation. Please visit http://www.
VoteNoWar.org/donate.html to make an online donation by
credit card or to get our mailing address.

***If the War Breaks Out, Walk Out! Action Kits

***National version (has space for you to write in your
gathering / protest locations)
- - 8.5 x 11(landscape) poster "If the war breaks out, walk
out"
  download pdf at: http://www.votenowar.org/pdf/landscape2.
PDF
- - 8.5 x 11 poster promoting walk out actions on the day
of / after a war breaks out
  download pdf at: http://www.votenowar.
org/pdf/war_large_natl2.PDF
- - same as immediately above, except four to a page
  download pdf at: http://www.votenowar.org/pdf/war_natl.PDF
- - 8.5 x 11 poster promoting Ultimatum Day (Wednesday
March 19) walk out and protest
  download pdf at: http://www.votenowar.
org/pdf/wed_large_natl2.PDF
- - same as immediately above, except four to a page
  download pdf at: http://www.votenowar.org/pdf/wed_natl.PDF

* * * Washington, D.C. versions
- - 8.5 x 11 (landscape) poster "If the war breaks out,
walk out"
  download pdf at: http://www.votenowar.org/pdf/landscape2.
PDF
- - 8.5 x 11 poster promoting walk out actions on the day
of / after a war breaks out
  download pdf at: http://www.votenowar.
org/pdf/wed_large_dc2.PDF
- - same as immediately above, except four to a page
  download pdf at: http://www.votenowar.org/pdf/war_dc.PDF
- - 8.5 x 11 poster promoting Ultimatum Day (Wednesday
March 19) walk out and protest
  download pdf at: http://www.votenowar.
org/pdf/wed_large_dc2.PDF
- - same as immediately above, except four to a page
  download pdf at: http://www.votenowar.org/pdf/wed_dc.PDF

* * * San Francisco versions
- - 11 x 17 Stop the War Window Sign two sided flyer for
March 19th and day of war protests
  downloadable pdf at: http://www.votenowar.
org/pdf/sf_window.pdf
- - 8.5 x 11 flyers (4 to a page) Protest Saturday After
War Breaks Out
  downloadable pdf at: http://www.votenowar.
org/pdf/sf_war_4_onpage.pdf
- - 8.5 x 11 flyers (4 to a page) Protest Ultimatum Day
March 19 & After War Breaks Out
  downloadable pdf at: http://www.votenowar.
org/pdf/sf_ultimatum_4.pdf

* * * New York City version
- - two sided flyer for March 19th and day of war protests
  downloadable pdf at: http://www.votenowar.
org/pdf/nyc_wednesday.pdf

Additional organizing resources can be found at the
International A.N.S.W.E.R. web site, at http://www.
InternationalANSWER.org .

The official call for this United Emergency Action Plan,
follows below, and was initially endorsed by the A.N.S.W.E.R.
Coalition, The Greens/Green Party USA, Not In Our Name
Project, NYC Forum of Concerned Religious Leaders and New
York City Labor Against the War. All interested groups and
organizations are invited to join the call.

UNITED EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN: This Week

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19:
No Business as Usual!
No War on Iraq!
NATIONAL CALL TO ACTION

Tuesday, March 18:
Emergency Convergence in New York City
in Union Square at 5 pm

George W. Bush has promised to unleash an all-out war
against Iraq, possibly as soon as Wednesday, March 19.
We join with peace-loving people all over the world in
challenging this 48 hour war ultimatum. At this
critical moment, we urge all people of conscience to
oppose this illegal war of aggression by participating
in the following actions:

1) Tuesday, March 18, 5 p.m. Emergency New York City
convergence at Union Square

2) Wednesday, March 19: Walkout! No Business as Usual!
Converge and demonstrate on the day of the Bush
ultimatum.

*New York City, March 19: Converge at 12 noon at Union
Square. March and converge at Times Square at 5 p.m.

*Washington DC, March 19: Converge at 12 noon on the
north side of the White House and stay there all day
until a march at 5 p.m.

*San Francisco, March 19: Gather at 5 p.m. at Powell
and Market

*and at central locations in cities and towns around
the country

3) Saturday, March 22: New York City march, 11:30 a.m.
Assemble at Broadway, between 41st and 36th St.

If war has begun, there will also be a March 22
regional demo at the White House in Washington DC at
12 noon, San Francisco, Los Angeles and in other
cities around the country.

If war is launched, no business as usual that day.
Converge at 12 noon and into the night.
- - - - -
This e-mail was originally dispatched to our VoteNoWar
members. If it was forwarded to you, and you would like to
receive communications from us about upcoming events and
educational campaigns, then please send an e-mail to
subscribe_ref at VoteNoWar.org. If you no longer wish to be on
our e-mail list, then simply send an e-mail to
unsubscribe_ref at VoteNoWar.org .