[Peace] FW: update and favor to ask...

Durl Kruse durljan at earthlink.net
Thu May 15 22:07:43 CDT 2003

Dear
Friends:

This is a brief update for anyone
who might like to hear from Meridith Kruse.

She has been in Guatemala
since last Sunday and was finally reunited with her back pack.  Somehow her
belongings had gone to an island before arriving in Guatemala on
Tuesday.

Jan and Durl

Hello to everyone:

all is very good here in xela,

i had my first class last night with my teacher, ana
maria,

she is very good, she teaches theatre and literature

guatemalan students in the morning, and then
afternoon

classes to me from 2pm-7pm at proyecto this
week...

i very much welcome the pace and flow of life
here,

during my lesson yesterday the lights went out twice
and

we simply kept talking in the dark, a few minutes
later

someone brought in a candle and we thanked them and
continued,

it then began to rain very hard, so we easliy adjusted
and

moved to another room more inside the patio as to not get
wet,

people adapt, flow, make due, there is hardship and
poverty

and suffering so near, right under the surface of
everything,

with such grave things to close minor bumps like lights
and

rain and cold are minor obstacles to overcome.

much love, thanks for all your help, i appreciate it so
much!

will write soon, meridith

ps, thanks for the message from jamie! and say hi to
friends

on prospect this week for me!